Tuesday, March 21, 2023
HomeUncategorizedRequirements for UK Sponsorship Licence

Requirements for UK Sponsorship Licence

Sponsor licences (previously called an Tier 2 sponsor licence) allows UK-based companies to recruit talented workers across the globe. Anyone UK company that wishes to employ foreign workers always requires a sponsor licence.

International workers, like those who are on Skilled visas Intra-Company Visas, or temporary work permits, require a sponsor license for entry into the country to work. This is a category that includes work for which there is no compensation for example, running a charitable organization and other altruistic endeavors.

A sponsorship license is also required for residents who are citizens of EU, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, and Switzerland who will be arriving in the UK from December 31st 2020.

The license will be in effect for four years from the time it has been granted the option of renewing it.

The act of sponsoring someone isn’t a guarantee that they will receive the right to work visa within the United Kingdom.

Table of Contents

  • What are the requirements to be able to get a sponsorship licence?
  • To submit an application for sponsorship license What are the documents I require?
  • What are the different kinds of ‘Worker’ licenses?
  • 1. Expert Worker (formerly Tier 2 General)
  • 2. ICT is an intra-company transfer (ICT) route
  • 3. Participation in the sport
  • 4. Religious ministers
  • Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS)
  • We’re here to help you!

What are the requirements for obtaining a sponsor’s licence?

Your company must have an UK presence as well as trading or operating legally within the UK in order for sponsorship license. If you own multiple UK branch offices, then you may submit a one-time license that covers all your affiliated UK companies or you could apply for separate licenses for each branch according to the needs of your business.

You will need to prove to show that you (and any branches that are covered by the license) have been registered with the correct body if you’re required to be registered or checked by a statutory authority to legally operate within the UK. You might also have to show proof of having the proper planning approval or approval from the local authority for planning to run your company at the address you have chosen for your business.

The Home Office must be convinced that you are able to offer genuine employment in a profession that is skilled and that you pay the appropriate amount of wages set in Home Office. Home Office.

As part of your license application, you are required to take on all the responsibilities associated with having the sponsor’s licence.

Private individuals aren’t usually eligible to be recognized as sponsors, but there is an exception for an individual trader looking to have someone else as a sponsor to work for them.

If I want to be able to apply for sponsorship license What documents do I require?

When you apply for the skilled Worker (previously Tier 2 General) license application, you’ll typically be required to submit at least four mandatory documents. The amount of papers required will vary based on the type of public agency or a new startup franchise, an individual company. Documents that are easy to acquire include:

  • The most recent statement of your bank account for your business.
  • Employer’s liability insurance that has an amount minimum in the amount of PS5 million with a reliable company.
  • VAT registration certificate
  • Documentation for HMRC employers’ registration, like the PAYE number and Accounts office Reference Number.
  • Documentation of ownership of the premises of the company lease or rent agreement.
  • Accounts that have been recently audited, or have not previously been audited (audited accounts are required when your business is legally required to file audited financial statements).
  • Documentation of your registration is required is required if you need to register with or inspected/monitored by a regulatory authority to be legal within the UK.
  • If you’re applying for an authorisation to sponsor under the Intra-Firm Transfer subcategory you’ll also need to provide evidence for common ownership of the UK company and foreign business.

There are many kinds of sponsor licenses that each have their particular set of supporting documents required to be submitted. Our team is able to assist you in deciding which type of visa you require and then create a custom guideline for you.

You can apply for a variety of categories of sponsorship licences simultaneously if the required requirements are met and all the necessary documents are provided.

What are the different kinds of Worker’s licenses?

1. Expert Worker (formerly Tier 2 General)

This Skilled Worker route has been designed specifically for immigrants who have been given work at a job in the United Kingdom. The most frequent route for skilled workers outside of the UK to be admitted to the country.

2. Intra-company Transfer (ICT) route

The ICT route is available to migrants who are offered a short-term job within the UK office by an overseas employer. The applicant must have been employed by the organization for a minimum of 12 months, unless their salary is more than PS73,900.

3. Participation in the sport

Professional athletes and experienced coaches are not eligible to be sponsored by the Skilled Worker procedure; instead they have to apply for the specific Sportsperson visa (T2) method.

4. Religious ministers

This license is only for those who were offered a position within a religious community, for example, the role of a religious minister or missionary. It has to be an administrative position, except if the position is an upper place within the organisation (involving primary pastoral tasks).

In a religious organization there are roles like teaching, media production, and administration could not be eligible to be sponsored by an official Minister of Religion method or the organization might need to apply for an Skilled Worker licence instead.

Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS)

Once a license is granted the electronic document known as the Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) is created using the Sponsor Management System (SMS).

To sponsor a worker who is migrant to sponsor a worker, the company needs to send an email at the Home Office requesting a Certificate of Sponsorship. After the certificate has been granted then the employer needs to designate it to the worker they would like to sponsor. This will result in an individual ID number to the applicant to submit an application for a visa.

The Home Office has rebranded its earlier two forms of CoS that are based on the worker’s status in the immigration system under new criteria for sponsor licensing.

We’re here to help you!

Y & J Solicitors’ professional immigration lawyers have a deep understanding of sponsorship licence applications. Our experts have extensive experience in helping businesses obtain or keeping Skilled Worker sponsor licences. Contact us if you have any queries regarding UK immigration laws.



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

Recent Comments